Saturday 11 June 2011

Friday = Me Day (sometimes)

Today is Friday and every so often Friday is my “me” day. Three of the kiddies are in school and my toddler goes to his grandparents for a visit leaving me to fill in the time (yippee!!) Often during these times I attend a tile mosaic class. It is so relaxing and serene to be among other creative souls assembling tiles to create something.
Now I am not that great but am loving the process. I have just finished my first project which was a pot (standard beginner project). I was experimenting with cut squares as opposed to the hammer and smash method to see what I liked best. I am slowly planning a BIG project of mosaicking some old cement laundry tubs we use as planters in our yard. Still not sure what to do there…
So after a day of tiling and grouting I hope my creative juices are flowing so I can head into sewing some samples for Toffeeapple. My current range of colours are sienna and orange but I am going to go for a hunt for something in cornflour blue.
Hope everyone has a great weekend (a long weekend for us Aussies celebrating the Queen’s birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.