Tuesday 6 September 2011

Friday and Fathers Day

I hope you all had a lovely Father's Day. We had a very full weekend but enjoyable.



Gearing up for a busy weekend I had a lovely Friday prepping for it. I finished my second mosaic pot. I don't know what I was thinking with that maroon claw-thing (it was supposed to be a succulent), but I did like working with glass this time and I really like the finish it gives. I also had a fun time with all the women at Mia Mosaics. They had a good laugh at my desire to buy a sausage maker for my husband for Father's Day. It didn't eventuate so I will have to get moving to get him that for Christmas (if anyone knows where I can get a good one?) Mia runs a really lovely class at her Mosaic studios.

Watching Oprah the other day: "According to research by Robert D. Putnam, author of Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community, joining a group that meets even once a month can produce the same happiness gain as more than doubling your income."
So go join a club! I am getting a lot of happiness from my mosaicing.
Father's Day was yet another meat-fest (we love meat - well my husband does). Here are some pics of our day (please turn away if you are a vegan/vegetarian):

I didn't take a pic of the end result as by then the "wrath of mum" had arrived and I wasn't taking anymore meat photos.

Yes, my daughter is wearing a swim cap and goggles for no apparent reason.
Kids constructing something in the backyard.
Ta-daa - a tee pee/tent.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend - whether you celebrated Father's Day or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.